The Watson-Brown Foundation purchased the three-acre property in December 2008. Twelve months were spent assessing the overall site to determine the extent of restoration needed. The investigation, analysis, findings and development of treatment recommendations for the architecture and landscape architecture adhere to the codes and standards per the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Treatment of Historic Properties and the Secretary of The Interior’s Standards for Archaeology and Historic Preservation. The approach includes preservation, rehabilitation, restoration, and reconstruction. The Period of Significance for the site extends from 1930-1936—bookended by the year May Goodrum occupied the home and the year Little House was built for her beloved housekeeper, Clara Clarke Steele Cody.